We seek to facilitate the growth of life sciences companies by providing a Power Membership. This provides access for early-stage entrepreneurs to low-cost laboratory facilities.
The links below will redirect you to the corresponding PayPal page. In addition to paying online, please fill out the membership agreement and contact Sarah Laun (email@example.com) to set up a New Member Orientation meeting.
Benefits at BUGSS for Power Members:
- Month-to-month fee with no long term lease
- 24/7 access to the BUGSS laboratory and facilities (additional fee applies)
- Discounted rate for the Affiliates Program at the IMET Harbor Launch bioincubator
- Use of BUGSS business mailing address
- On-site technical assistance at no charge
- In depth technical and laboratory assistance available for additional fees
- Dedicated dry, refrigerated and freezer (-20°C, -70°C) storage space
- Established vendor accounts for supply ordering
- On-site fitness center, secure parking lot, and proximity to the Emerging Technology Center
Facilities and Equipment available at the BUGSS lab:
- 30°C and 37°C microbial incubators and variable temperature shaking incubators
- Multiple PCR machines
- 96-well Real-time PCR machines
- Beckman Coulter DU530 UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- Eppendorf 5415C microcentrifuges and high speed centrifuge
- NanoDrop N1000 spectrophotometer
- Equipment for horizontal and vertical gel electrophoresis and visualization
- Scales, pH meter, water baths, vortex mixers
- Biosafety containment hood
In addition to our Power Membership, we also offer an Entrepreneur Membership. Entrepreneur Members receive joint membership: Power Membership at BUGSS (described above) plus an Associates Membership at Harbor Launch:
BUGSS has joined forces with Harbor Launch at IMET (The Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology), a startup incubator located at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Members of both Harbor Launch and BUGSS receive special rates of $150 per month per company for joint membership; joint membership provides access to the wet lab space at BUGSS and also membership in Harbor Launch’s affiliates program which provides business advising. You can read more about it here: https://technical.ly/baltimore/2018/03/20/two-baltimore-biotech-hubs-partnering-help-scientist-entrpreneurs/ or visit the Harbor Launch website to learn more about their affiliates program.
Become a Power Member!
Use the dropdown menu to select the membership type and payment frequency. In addition to paying online, please fill out the membership agreement and contact Sarah Laun (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a New Member Orientation meeting.