We seek to facilitate the growth of life sciences companies by providing a Power Membership. This provides access for early-stage entrepreneurs to low-cost laboratory facilities.
The links below will redirect you to the corresponding PayPal page. In addition to paying online, please fill out the membership agreement, send a brief description of your proposed lab project to Lisa Scheifele (email@example.com), and reach out to set up a New Member Orientation meeting.
Benefits at BUGSS for Power Members:
- Month-to-month fee with no long term lease
- 24/7 access to the BUGSS laboratory and facilities (additional fee applies)
- Use of BUGSS business mailing address
- On-site technical assistance at no charge
- In depth technical and laboratory assistance available for additional fees
- Dedicated dry, refrigerated and freezer (-20°C, -70°C) storage space
- Established vendor accounts for supply ordering
- On-site fitness center
- Secure parking lot
- Proximity to the Emerging Technology Center
Facilities and Equipment available at the BUGSS lab:
- 30°C, 37°C and variable temperature incubators and shakers
- Multiple PCR machines
- 96-well Real-time PCR machines
- Beckman Coulter DU530 UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- Eppendorf 5415C microcentrifuges and high speed centrifuge
- NanoDrop N1000 spectrophotometer
- Equipment for horizontal and vertical gel electrophoresis and visualization
- Scales, pH meter, water baths, vortex mixers
- Biosafety containment hood
In addition to our Power Membership, we also offer an Entrepreneur Membership. Entrepreneur Members receive joint membership: Power Membership at BUGSS (described above) plus an Associates Membership at Harbor Launch
BUGSS has joined forces with Harbor Launch at IMET (The Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology), a startup incubator located at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Members of both Harbor Launch and BUGSS receive special rates of $150 per month for joint membership; joint membership provides access to the wet lab space at BUGSS and also membership in Harbor Launch’s affiliates program which provides business advising. You can read more about it here: https://technical.ly/baltimore/2018/03/20/two-baltimore-biotech-hubs-partnering-help-scientist-entrpreneurs/ or visit the Harbor Launch website to learn more about their affiliates program.
Become a Power or Entrepreneur Member!
Use the dropdown menu to select the membership type and payment frequency. In addition to paying online, please fill out the membership agreement and contact Lisa Scheifele (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a New Member Orientation meeting.